Date: 5/14/18 1:15 pm
From: Becky Marvil <bmarvil...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Acadia Birding Festival (May 31 - June 3) - trips still open for registration
Greetings All Birders,

The Acadia Birding Festival is only 2 weeks away (May 31 - June 3)!
Although several trips have already filled up with our 270 current
registrants, we still have many trips open, so it's not too late to
register. See below for our open trips.

Also, just yesterday the website acadiaonmymind.com
<https://acadiaonmymind.com/> wrote an article about the festival and
climate change, among other things having to do with Acadia National Park.
Here is a link to the article
<https://acadiaonmymind.com/2018/05/celebrating-acadia-birds-amid-year-of-th
e-bird-climate-woes/> . You can also learn much more about the festival on
our website http://acadiabirdingfestival.com, including trips descriptions,
lodging opportunities, keynotes, our 40+ birding guides, presentations,
eBird lists from previous years, and of course registration.

We are a pay-per-event festival, so come for part of a day or all four days
or something in between and experience the birds on Mount Desert Island, as
well as inland and downeast hotspots. Have fun socializing with other birds
too during our lunches and evening socials. We have our popular Pelagic
Seabird Boat Trip on Saturday, June 2 which has lots of room on Bar Harbor
Whale Watch's stable catamaran, the Friendship V (chartered just for
festival goers)! We'll be sure to see Atlantic Puffins, Razorbills, Black
Guillemots, Arctic and Common Terns, and much more.

Hope you can join us! We are a non-profit organization with proceeds given
to local organizations who help with conservation of, protection of, and/or
teaching about our precious environment. Help us support their causes!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.

Happy birding,

Becky

Becky Marvil, Executive Director

Acadia Birding Festival (May 31 - June 3, 2018)
Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor, ME

207-233-3694 (festival)

<mailto:<beckym...> <beckym...>

<http://acadiabirdingfestival.com/> http://acadiabirdingfestival.com