Date: 5/14/18 12:16 pm
From: Deb Hale <debhale72...>
Subject: Wonder-land of warblers
On our morning walk through Bolivar woods, the warblers were plentiful and
singing, so I returned at first chance after lunch, doing a loop down and
across to North Schoolhouse, too. It felt like I had entered a Magic
Kingdom once stepping foot into the deep darkness of the woods, and that I
was allowed a special peak of heaven. (The * denotes birds that I
actually got to see.)

Bolivar Woods:
Ovenbird 1
*Black-and-white Warbler 1
*Tennessee Warbler 2
Nashville Warbler 1
*American Redstart 5 at least, the woods seem to be ringing with their
song.
Northern Parula 4
*Bay-breasted Warbler 2
Blackburnian Warbler 1
*Chestnut-sided Warbler 2 at least 2, probably more.
*Blackpoll Warbler 4
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
*Yellow-rumped Warbler 4
*Black-throated Green Warbler 3

As I was watching the low Tennessee warbler in front of me, I heard
the pitter-patter
of something dripping beside me. I looked up and sure enough there was a
male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK doing his business. Well, I wouldn't have
cared if he had plopped right on my head!

North Schoolhouse Ridge:
Common Yellowthroat 1
*Magnolia Warbler 1
*Bay-breasted Warbler 1 female seen near the Canada.
Yellow Warbler 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
*Canada Warbler 2

While I was watching the parents tending to a new gnatcatcher baby there, I
heard my FOY BLUE GROSBEAK singing from the adjacent field.

What a wonderful day.

Deb Hale
Harpers Ferry/Bolivar

Join us on Facebook!