Date: 5/14/18 7:51 am
From: Ethan Goodman <ethangoodman...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Madison Square Park report
For those of you interested in activity at NYC's micro-parks, Madison Square Park would be worth a visit if you're in the Flatiron/Midtown South area.  During fairly short walks over the past few days I've had a total of about 25 species, including: Scarlet Tanager, Wood Thrush (singing), the park's first Veery, Lincoln's Sparrow, and about 8 warblers.  I had the pleasure of leading a bird walk for the Madison Square Park Conservancy on (a rainy) Saturday morning and we had a very decent 16 species over the course of one hour.  This is all in contrast to a very slow April/early-May for the park (perhaps due to late leaf-out?).  I have no doubt a careful survey of the park, including some neck-craning up at the high canopy, would revel a number of additional jewels.  Good birding.
-Ethan Goodman

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/