Date: 5/14/18 7:39 am
From: Fred Shaffer <glaucousgull...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Alder Flycatcher, Wilson's Warbler at Swan Creek
I had a great morning at Swan Creek, with the highlights being a singing Alder Flycatcher in the marsh and a singing Wilson's Warbler in the trees near flagpoles (next to where birders park).  I got great views of the Wilson's Warbler, and also had a Canada Warbler and Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Other migrants in the treeline included Magnolia Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, Blackpoll Warblers, and a Pine Warbler. Also present in the marsh was a Marsh Wren and two Least Terns.  I heard the Alder Flycatcher singing five or six times, which helped me to separate the vocalization from Willow Flycatcher.  Nothing too unusual shorebird wise, but I did have 3 or 4 Dunlin, good numbers of Semi Plovers and the usual peeps and yellowlegs.  Good birding!
Fred <ShafferGlaucousGull...>, Anne Arundel