Date: 5/14/18 5:22 am
From: Karen And Jim Rowe <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Killing Black Vultures
An effigy is a taxidermy mount of a dead vulture hung in the roost or at the depredation site or damage area. Dead vultures simply hung without taxidermy have also been used, often more successfully however the expected smell, and fly issues occur and someone has to be the person get that type of effigy down as it decomposes.

Dead vultures from a local roost or family group are supposedly more effective as effigies compared to a vulture from another vulture roost from many miles away. Raises the question are effigies of birds from their roost more effective because the vultures recognize the individual
as one from their “group”?

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!