Date: 5/13/18 7:50 pm
From: Brenda Wright <coenbrenda...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Cattle Egret and Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Greetings,
After spending four days birding Montezuma County in the wind it was great to return home and find two unusual species waiting for us. The Cattle Egret was about a mile south of the domestic reservoir southeast of Nucla. The Rose-breasted Grosbeak is coming to our feeder.There were many good birds reported at the Cortez Birding Festival. Brenda and I lead the pelagic trip on McPhee Reservoir via a pontoon boat and found many good species for the count. On Saturday we did the Ute Farm and Ranch trip.
You can access most of the trip lists via e-Bird. Ducks, Common Black-Hawk, Scaled Quail, loons, grebes, pelicans, cormorants, cranes, shorebirds, gulls, terns, flycatchers, swallows (seven species), warblers and sparrows species were birds that made up the long list of species.Good birding,Brenda and Coen

Join us on Facebook!