Date: 5/13/18 7:34 pm
From: 'Dan Hubbard' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Seacoast Chapter NH Audubon Pickering Pond bird walk 77 species
More than 60 participants joined me in mobbing the bird life at
Pickering Ponds trails this am. Thanks to scribe Zeke Cornell for
tallying the group species list below. Wonderful weather with no
black flies or mosquitoes. Dan Hubbard, Rochester

Pickering Ponds, Rochester, Strafford, New Hampshire
May 13, 2018 6:50 AM - 11:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling 2.3 miles
Comments: Seacoast Chapter of NH Audubon outing led by Dan
Hubbard. Sixty-three folks is an all-time record of participants
for this walk. Day was sunny with a cool start. The bird song was
plentiful, and we had a nice showing of warblers--particularly
Cape May warblers.
77 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 18
Wood Duck 3
Mallard 5
American Black Duck 1
Ruffed Grouse 1
Double-crested Cormorant 4
Great Blue Heron 1
Great Egret 1
Green Heron 3
Glossy Ibis 1
Turkey Vulture 3
Osprey 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Killdeer 1
Least Sandpiper 1
Spotted Sandpiper 2
Herring Gull 32
Great Black-backed Gull 3
Mourning Dove 10
Black-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 44
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 2
Belted Kingfisher 1
Downy Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Least Flycatcher 2
Eastern Kingbird 4
Warbling Vireo 11 Had a small flock of five in one tree...
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 8
Fish Crow 3
Common Raven 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 2
Tree Swallow 11
Bank Swallow 3
Barn Swallow 5
swallow sp. 2
Black-capped Chickadee 10
Tufted Titmouse 3
House Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1 Two nests previously located by Alan
Murray
Veery 3
American Robin 8
Gray Catbird 16Brown Thrasher 1
European Starling 5
Ovenbird 10
Blue-winged Warbler 3
Black-and-white Warbler 8
Common Yellowthroat 19
American Redstart 7 one bird working on a nest...
Cape May Warbler 8 At one point we saw four males and a female
in a single tree--one of the nicest surprises of the day...
Northern Parula 4
Magnolia Warbler 3
Bay-breasted Warbler 1
Blackburnian Warbler 2
Yellow Warbler 28 Abundant with many pairs well distributed...
Chestnut-sided Warbler 4
Blackpoll Warbler 3
Pine Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 29
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Song Sparrow 7
Swamp Sparrow 7Savannah Sparrow 1
Scarlet Tanager 3
Northern Cardinal 7
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 9
Indigo Bunting 1
Bobolink 1
Orchard Oriole 2
Baltimore Oriole 10
Red-winged Blackbird 20
Brown-headed Cowbird 11 Seven in one tree-five males and two
females...
Common Grackle 6
American Goldfinch 7

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: