Date: 5/13/18 6:48 pm
From: Darrell Good <darzgood...>
Subject: Cliff Swallows nesting
I stopped by the Wardensville Wastewater Ponds and the adjacent boat launch
this afternoon, and was surprised to find a Cliff Swallow (WV lifer)
perched on a power line. After looking around a little, I found more down
by the river and discovered a couple of active nests on the rt. 259 bridge.
I know we didn't find any Cliff Swallows at Foray last year, and there are
only a few eBird records of nesting Cliff Swallows in Hardy County. I took
several photos and have attached them to the eBird checklist below.

Wardensville Wastewater Ponds--Boat Launch, Hardy, West Virginia, US
May 13, 2018 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
11 species

Canada Goose 30 4 pairs with 4-7 young each
Wood Duck 6
Barn Swallow 1
Cliff Swallow 6 At least 6 adults and three occupied nests on the
bridge, but probably more.
Carolina Wren 1
American Robin 4
European Starling 4