Date: 5/13/18 5:26 pm
From: Ann Johnson <aj...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Birds Everywhere!
Wow! That's about all I can say. With the fog and impending rain, I started
the day at Lundy Acres, a small county park about a mile and a half south of
me. There were lots of warblers high in the trees and some lower where I
could actually identify them. Best warbler of the day was a Worm-eating, but
eye-level Chestnut-sided was fun as well. Heard a Northern Parula which have
been scarce this year, for me anyway. Thrushes were everywhere. When the
thunder and lightening started I retreated home for a bit and then it was
out to Walnut Woods SP. Numbers were staggering and I finally had to give up
adding to today's list when I realized my eyeballs hurt. Black-throated
Green and Golden-winged were stunning, there were several Blue-headed
Vireos, a Veery, and a FOY Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. Wonder what tomorrow
will bring.

Ann Johnson

Norwalk (Warren County)