Date: 5/13/18 3:57 pm
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Burchan; Wetlands; Chicken Creed
I did not plan to do much birding today but the river trail in Burcham was quite active in the morning, So I walked the entire old wetland area after. And then in early I did Wedge territory without the success he had yesterday. But I listed 93 species without sandpipers so it was a pretty busy day.

Warblers
Yellow - 22 all on river trail. ~10 in the other two places
Blackpoll - 6 on river trail - 6 singing & 1 F B
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1 singing - B
Northern Parula - 1 singing B; 1 singing W
Common Yellowthroat 40+ singing W
Tennessee - 1 singing B; 1 - singing W
Prothonotary - 1 singing near where it usually breeds above south bridge B
American Redstart - 1 W
Wilson's - 4 several singing - B
Chestnut-sided - 1 B
Palm - 1 singing - B; 1 singing W
Magnolia - 1 - B; 1- W
Golden-winged - 1 singing west of middle path near RR tracks B
Yellow-bellied Chat - 3 calling W
Louisiana Waterthrush 1 CC

Yellow-throated Vireo - 1singing B; 2 W;3 CC
Philadelphia Vireo - 1 B
Warbling Vireo - 16 most singers B; ~ 5 other two places
Red-eyed Vireo - 10 - 9 calling B; ~15 two other places
Blue-headed Vireo - 1 singing B; 1 W
Dick
Bell's Vireo - 6 FOS calling W

Willow Flycatcher - 1 FOS fitzbuwing W
Alder Flycatcher 2 FOS revEEting (one nerar the willow)
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher - 2 - FOS cooperative; acting like a pair low W
Acadian Flycatcher 1 FOS singing CC
Least Flycatcher - 1 calling B; 5 calling W
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 1 on road near CC
Great-crested Flycartcher - 2 B

Red-shouldered Hawk - 3 calling W;
Sora 3 - 2 FOS calling W
Barred Owl - 3 calliing W
Killdeer - 1 calling FOSB
Sedge Wren - 2 FOS singing north of gas pumping station W
Orchard Oriole 8+ 1 first year bird I tried to turn into a hooded W
Eastern Wood Pewee - 5 calling B; 3 W
Eastern Kingbird - 5 lots of twittering B;
Western Kingbird - 1 B

Pileated WP - 1 calling W
Gray-cheeked Thrush - 1 W
Wood Thrush - 2 singing W
Swainson's Thrush 10 - B
Summer Tanager 1 call notes CC
Scarlet Tanager - 1 singing B
Grasshopper Sparrow - 1 FOS singing side of road just before Chicken Creek
Dickcissel `40 W calling
Horned Lark 2 FOS fields near chicken Creek
Fish Crow - 2 calling B

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html