Date: 5/13/18 2:43 pm
From: Karen And Jim Rowe <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Killing Black Vultures
Effigy use is a technique USDA-APHIS-WS uses in Arkansas at the vehicle damage sites. It has mixed results.

A number of years ago, a woman from Heber Springs sent me a video of vultures tearing up, and tearing into, all the seat cushions on their party barge. From what I could see, no cushion was left intact. I counted 9 Turkey Vultures involved in the activity.

Karen

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 13, 2018, at 4:30 PM, Jeffrey Short <bashman...> wrote:
>
> One of my USAF colleagues ran a marina in So. California and he told me about vultures tearing up his boat seats. First I had heard of that so some property damage may occur. Wonder if the off-gassing of plastic tends to resemble garbage or dead animals??
>
> I would expect that some Black Vultures may be attracted to cattle, especially sick or bloody areas.
>
> Eglin AFB used vulture effigies to keep them from using communication towers as roost sites.
>
> Jeff Short

Join us on Facebook!