Date: 5/13/18 2:37 pm
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 1 nest, 2 Oriole species
I came across an Orchard Oriole female in the process of nest building in
Preston this morning. As I watched with camera in hand the female with more
nesting material in her bill sat a couple of feet away, leery of
approaching the construction project with me in attendance. As we watched
one another, a female Baltimore Oriole zipped in and pulled some of the
Orchard Oriole's nest materiel out and flew off to build her own nest. In
finding one nest I confirmed breeding of two Oriole species in one of my CT
Bird Atlas blocks. Cool stuff happens when you just sit back and watch...

Dave Provencher
Preston