Date: 5/13/18 2:21 pm
From: douglas stotz <dfstotz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Grundy Co. warblers
I went birding this AM in Grundy County along the I & M canal. I started
by the intersection of McLindon and Hansel Rds., where they join to form
Cemetery Rd. about 1/2 mile downstream from Dresden Lock and Dam on north
side of Illinois River. I mostly went east, finding plenty of warblers. I
ended with 20 species. Most interesting were 3 Cape Mays, a singing Hooded
(not seen), a Mourning, 2 Canadas. Most common by far was Tennessee
singing everywhere with 43 individuals. No other species was represented
by more than 10 individuals. Beyond warblers, most interesting species
were a calling female Summer Tanager and a Philadelphia Vireo.

Doug Stotz

--
Douglas Stotz
Conservation Ecologist/Ornithologist