Date: 5/13/18 1:37 pm
From: Tristan Lowery <tristanlowery...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] City of Albany - 5/12 & 5/13
I had good luck with through-migrant warblers at two sites in the City of
Albany this weekend, first at Normanskill Farm on Saturday, and again on
the Hudson-Helderberg Rail Trail this morning (this segment of the trail
does start in the Town of Bethlehem but all the good birds were on the
Albanian side of the creek).

I tallied 11 species of wood-warblers at Normanskill Farm, including
*Black-and-white
Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, Northern Parula, Magnolia Warbler, Bay-breasted
Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler*, and*
Yellow-rumped Warbler*. Non-parulid through-migrants included a *White-crowned
Sparrow* and a handful of *Swainson's Thrushes*. More prosaic was my
first-of-year *Red-eyed Vireo*, a sighting that seemed several days overdue
by now.

My morning at the Hudson-Helderberg Rail Trail (from Rockefeller Road to
South Pearl Street) was even more productive with 14 species of
wood-warblers, including *Ovenbird, Blue-winged Warbler, Black-and-white
Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Mourning Warbler, Northern Parula, Magnolia
Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Yellow-rumped
Warbler, *and *Wilson's Warble*r. The real highlight, however, was a
singing *Lincoln's Sparrow*, a bird I anticipate finding without fail each
autumn, but which I'd never seen on northbound migration before today.
Other first-of-year birds for me this morning were *Eastern
Wood-pewee*, *Yellow-throated
Vireo*, and* Indigo Bunting*.'

Good birding!

Tristan Lowery