Date: 5/13/18 12:56 pm
From: <ericwalters7...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET North Point Marina Blue Grosbeak
Best bird this morning, of the 50 species encountered in two hours, was the immature Blue Grosbeak foraging in the sandy area between the road and rocky lakefront edge in the southeast portion of Marina property. Bird was still foraging in that area about an hour later (saw it catching insects in the sand) and since the winds are from the north, more than likely would still be present this afternoon.

A Horned Lark pair (attempting to breed again here?) and Clay-colored Sparrow were also nearby. A nice flight of Caspian and Common Terns heading northward was in progress while I was there.

Also interesting were the Western Chorus Frogs that moved into the puddles in the closed off area of Stateline Beach. I haven't had them there before, but they must have jumped over from the adjacent Spring Bluff FP areas, where they are common.

Eric Walters
Zion, IL/Grandview, MO

Join us on Facebook!