Date: 5/13/18 12:46 pm
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: [MDBirding] CAS walk, Susquehanna, 5/13/18
Eight of us had a productive time this morning--in darkly cloudy, cool conditions--at SSP. We had 25 warbler species, 90 species in all--mainly taking the big loop beginning at the Wildflower Trail (walking bridge), continuing through Flint Furnace trail, returning through picnic area, then back to Wildflower along Stafford.

One of our favorite birds was a Lincoln's Sparrow at the flint furnace. We had a Mourning Warbler up the hill behind parking/pine trees at the picnic area. Also a Bay-Breasted and Cape May. 5 Tennessee Warblers, at least 10 Northern Waterthrush, 4 Wilson's, 5 Canada, 1 Blackburnian, and 3 Nashville. Amazingly not one Yellow-Throated Warbler.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45633977

Tim Houghton

(Glen Arm)