Date: 5/13/18 12:33 pm
From: Andrew Block <ablock22168...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Central Park birds
I was in Central Park this am for the Japan Day festivities and to try for the continuing Kirtland's Warbler.  I got the warbler at 8:15am at the usual spot on West Drive just north of 91st. next to the reservoir.  It gave wonderful close views of course because I left my camera in the car.   While waiting for the warbler I also had some Eastern Pewees, a probable Least Flycatcher, a gorgeous male Bay-breasted Warbler, plus many of the usual warbler species being seen.  After the JD festivities I took a stroll around that area and the Ramble and had a wonderful male Cape May Warbler singing from a lone fir tree, several Canada Warblers, 2 Wilson's Warblers, a couple of Indigo Buntings, plus many of the warbler species being seen.  Even with the miserable weather it was a very good day bird wise.
Andrew Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/