Date: 5/13/18 12:11 pm
From: Ron Vogel via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] More from Occoquan Bay NWR--King Rails and Cuckoos
As an addendum to Marc Ribaudo's earlier posts on his sightings at Occoquan
Bay NWR, I heard two king rails in the wetlands where Catamount creek passes
under Charlie Road; two more rails calling midway down Easy Road; and I
observed another two rails-one of which spent time in the middle of the road
preening in full view-at the wetland area near the end of Easy Road. Six
individual rails in all. And a note on yellow-billed cuckoos-I counted at
least six after the rain stopped.

Didn't have quite the warbler catch Marc reported, but I was close w/12
species. Lots of black polls along the river, and I can add a couple of
Canadas to Marc's list.

Ron Vogel

Annandale, VA