Date: 5/13/18 8:47 am
From: Bryan Henson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] LWC Algonkian - Sanctuary Trail group walk results (Loudoun)
As part of Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy's Celebrate Birds! group walks
celebrating migration season, we led a group of 5 hardy birders into a
rainy day looking for warblers. Between the rains and the muddy conditions,
we had amazing looks at several great (often sneaky!) birds, including
Bay-breasted Warblers, Ovenbirds, Canada Warblers, Yellow-billed Cuckoos,
Acadian Flycatchers, Northern Waterthrush and TONS of Red-eyed Vireos. All
told, we saw 57 species of birds, including 12 species of warblers. Not bad
considering that the rain quieted all the birds except for Prothonatory
Warbler at times.

The full list is in eBird at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45625342

Happy Mother's Day!
Bryan Henson