Date: 5/13/18 7:58 am
From: kevygudguy via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Unusual Yard Birds in west Centennial - Arapahoe County
Hello Fellow Birders,

   The flock of ~ 15 Red Crossbills I first reported in mid-March is still hanging around my little townhouse yard in west Centennial, near Holly & Arapahoe.  Sometimes we see one or two, sometimes the whole gang.

   More recent visitors include a Chipping Sparrow who's been here this past week, a few Pine Siskins who were here for a week or so but appear to have moved on, and yesterday's cameo by a male Black-headed Grosbeak.

   Chickadees are on eggs, resident Broad-tailed hummers are back, and the first fledge of 'great-horned' House Finches are haranguing their Dads for food while their Moms are probably incubating the next batch.  Which reminds me, Happy Mother's Day to all who have earned that title.

Keep Smilin',
Kevin Corwin
west Centennial, Arapahoe County

Sent from my Remington Rand Typewriter via my Rotary Dial Wall Phone