Date: 5/13/18 6:44 am
From: Carole Winslow <cjwinslow94...>
Subject: Warren Co- American bittern
Just wanted to post for a friend that found an American bittern at a
small marshy pond near the Hickory Creek Wilderness Ranch outside of
Tidioute. He sent me a phone pic of the camera shot for ID since I have not
seen it myself. It was there around 8 this morning and also present
yesterday afternoon.

If you take Rt 337/Red House Hill Rd off of Rt 62 across the river from
the town of Tidioute, follow this road up the hill and out towards Hearts
Content for about 4.5 miles. At the sign for Hickory Creek Ranch turn
right onto Economite Rd and the bittern was on the left at a small marshy
pond area. There is also some marsh area on the right that sometimes holds
good birds as well. There's not much traffic on this road so shouldn't be
hard to pull over and stop, all this property is private so it's only seen
from the road but it's very close viewing.

Good birding,

Carole Winslow
Sligo, Clarion Co.

Join us on Facebook!