Date: 5/13/18 6:34 am
From: 'Gary & Cindy Olson' <olsonfam...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Good Week for FOY Birds
First.

Happy Mother's Day to ALL the Mom's!

Second. A good week of birding in the northeast part of the state with 27 FOY species. Around Aberdeen and a trip to Roy Lake SP early in the week turned up:
Blackpoll Warbler
Forester's Tern
Upland Sandpiper
Cliff Swallow
Willow Flycatcher
Western Kingbird
Eastern Kingbird
Osprey

Birded with Alyssa Anderson on Wednesday at Pierpont Lake and we found:
Gray Catbird
Black & White Warbler
American Redstart
Lark Sparrow

Thursday I went back out by the farm and on 415th Ave. the hotspot for shorebirds from last springs SDOU meeting in Aberdeen you can forget about much there this spring. DRY. A sorry sight. Birded a friends yard with a Rose-breasted Grosbeak seen there and a Marsh Wren at a small pond slough on 416th Ave. Then went past the Hecla marsh and found:
Hudsonian Godwit
Dunlin
Semi-palmated Sandpiper
Long-billed Dowitcher
Wilson's Phalarope
Willet
Sora (back at the holding pond at Riverside Cemetery)

Past couple of days around Aberdeen:
Ovenbird
Green Heron
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Northern Waterthrush
and in the backyard coming to the fountains:
Tennessee Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler (who is a real clean fanatic, at least 3 times a day with very vigorous shaking off and preening after)

Gary Olson
Aberdeen

Join us on Facebook!