Date: 5/13/18 5:14 am
From: James Phillips <jimandjudyphillips...>
Subject: Century Day Bird Count
While participating in the Bibbee Nature Club Century Day Bird Count,
yesterday, we got excited when we heard the call of the Summer Tanager(not
a bird we usually get in Bluestone State Park). The brief glimpse of a
reddish bird caused us to intensify our search for the bird.
When the bird proceeded to land on a brush pile in the open, we discovered
it was a Brown Thrasher. It repeated the tanager call and then added the
call of a Whip-poor-will and a Bald Eagle before doing the typical thrasher
song. It repeated the performance for some time.
Jim Phillips
Summers County
Pipestem, WV

Join us on Facebook!