Date: 5/13/18 3:49 am
From: Beverly Delidow <bdelidow...>
Subject: Migration Day at Little Beaver State Park
The two birds walks were held for Migration Day at Little Beaver State Park yesterday and were a great success - thanks to everyone who came on the walks, especially Rodney Davis, Katy, and the wonderful families with kids. Our young birders were awesome!

Thanks to Ron and Wendy and everyone at TRAC for hosting a wonderful day.

Bev Delidow
Birding in Raleigh Co.

Birds observed: (sorry for the all caps - my list program did that)
42 species, at least 3 with evidence of breeding

AMERICAN CROW
AMERICAN GOLDFINCH
AMERICAN ROBIN
BELTED KINGFISHER
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER
BLUE-HEADED VIREO
BLUE JAY
BROAD-WINGED HAWK
BROWN CREEPER
CANADA GOOSE (two families with goslings seen)
CAROLINA CHICKADEE (going in and out of a nest cavity)
CAROLINA WREN
CHIPPING SPARROW
DOWNY WOODPECKER
EASTERN PHOEBE
EASTERN TOWHEE
EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE
FIELD SPARROW
GRAY CATBIRD
GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER
HOUSE WREN
INDIGO BUNTING
LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH
MALLARD
NORTHERN CARDINAL
NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD
NORTHERN PARULA
NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW (nesting in a small cavity in the dam)
PILEATED WOODPECKER
PINE WARBLER
RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER
RED-EYED VIREO