Date: 5/12/18 8:37 pm
From: bokmakierie <bokmakierie...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Fwd: IBET When is birding best at McClaughery Springs? NO SIGHTINGS
Hello,

I birded Forty Acre Woods, McClaughry Springs and the Palos Park Woods lot off of Kean Ave. this evening from 5:00 - 7:30 and the birding was phenomenal.

I had 22 warbler species: 1 female BLACK THROATED BLUE, 10+BLACKBURNIAN, BLACK THROATED GREEN, 6+BAY BREASTED, BLACK AND WHITE, BLACKPOLL, CAPE MAY, 3 CANADA, 1 CERULEAN, CHESTNUT-SIDED, 1 GOLDEN-WINGED, MAGNOLIA, 2 MOURNING, NASHVILLE, 1 ORANGE CROWNED, 1 N. PARULA, AM. REDSTART, TENNESSEE, WILSON'S, N. WATERTHRUSH, YELLOW RUMPED & COMMON YELLOWTHROAT.

Other birds I saw were BLUE HEADED, RED EYED & YELLOW THROATED VIREO, LINCOLN'S, SWAMP & WHITE THROATED SPARROW, DOWNY, HAIRY & RED BELLIED WOODPECKER, WHITE BREASTED NUTHATCH, N FLICKER, BLUE JAY, N CARDINAL, GRAY CATBIRD, CHICKADEE, E TOWHEE, PEWEE & PHOEBE, GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER, INDIGO BUNTING, E BLUEBIRD, AM ROBIN, WOOD THRUSH, STARLING & COWBIRD, RED TAILED HAWK, BALTIMORE ORIOLE, ROSE BREASTED GROSBEAK, WOOD DUCK & MALLARD, N ROUGH WINGED SWALLOW, AM GOLDFINCH, HOUSE WREN & still a number of RUBY CROWNED KINGLET.

Mike McNamee & Nancy Buis also saw an OLIVE SIDED FLYCATCHER there today.

Cary Hillegonds

<bokmakierie...> mailto:<bokmakierie...>

Orland Park

Join us on Facebook!