Date: 5/12/18 8:17 pm
From: Charlie Nims <charlie.nims...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Dahl WS Golden-winged Warbler, etc.
This morning, Sheila McCarthy and I birded NH Audubon's Dahl Wildlife Sanctuary in N. Conway and we were later joined by Joe Scott. Combined, we had over 40 species in this small sanctuary, high-lighted by a female Golden-winged Warbler. Sheila and I got on the bird at the intersection of the main trail to the “Beach” where the Silver Maple loop trail goes left across from the stub trail to a private campground (right). Initially, we had the bird for 2-3 minutes but were not able to get photos. After ~5 minutes, we were able to relocate the bird and get a few mediocre but ID sufficient photos (attached to eBird post). I contacted Joe Scott who came over from Chatham but after searching for an hour, we were unable to relocate the bird.

Highlights for the morning included 14 warbler species along with 4 thrush species (plus Am. Robin): Hermit, Veery, Swainson’s and Wood. There were several Least Flycatchers, constantly calling. Full listings have been posted to eBird.

Charlie Nims
Bartlett, NH