Date: 5/12/18 7:45 pm
From: 'Chris Anderson' <canderson1...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] SFBC field trip results
Today eleven members of the Sioux Falls Bird Club visited Union Grove State
Park, and a number of wetlands and flooded farm fields in Lincoln County
between Beresford and Sioux Falls. The day was certainly chilly by May
standards, but we found just over 100 species as a group, including 13
warbler species at Union Grove.

On the way back to Sioux Falls, we searched for the Buff-breasted Sandpipers
seen yesterday near 471st Ave and 285th St, to no avail. We did find several
flocks of American Golden-Plovers, some Hudsonian Godwits, White-rumped
Sandpipers, Dunlins, and Short-billed Dowitchers in the surrounding area.

On my way home, I saw five White-faced Ibis at the Harmodon Park sloughs at
57th St and Highway 11 in southeastern Sioux Falls.

Our next club outing will be Saturday, June 9 to Newton Hills State Park.

Chris Anderson
Sioux Falls, SD

Today's group species list (to the best of my memory/eBirding):

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
Mallard
Ring-necked Pheasant
Wild Turkey
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier
Cooper's Hawk
Broad-winged Hawk
Bald Eagle
Red-tailed Hawk
American Coot
American Golden-Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
Upland Sandpiper
Hudsonian Godwit
Dunlin
Baird's Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
White-rumped Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher
Wilson's Phalarope
Lesser Yellowlegs
Franklin's Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
American Kestrel
Willow Flycatcher
Least Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
Loggerhead Shrike
Yellow-throated Vireo
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue Jay
American Crow
Barn Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
House Wren
Sedge Wren
Marsh Wren
Winter Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
Swainson's Thrush
Wood Thrush
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Ovenbird
Northern Waterthrush
Black-and-white Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Orange-crowned Warbler
Nashville Warbler
American Redstart
Magnolia Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
Palm Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Chipping Sparrow
Clay-colored Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Harris's Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
Eastern Towhee
Northern Cardinal
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Dickcissel
Yellow-headed Blackbird
Bobolink
Western Meadowlark
Baltimore Oriole
Red-winged Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Common Grackle
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

Posted by: "Chris Anderson" <canderson1...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)