Date: 5/12/18 6:25 pm
From: <d2siena...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Wilson’s warbler Wright’s loop
Lindsey D and Ted K found a singing/skulking Wilson’s warbler on Wright’s loop north moving east along the road in the hedge row. They helped me find it in the late morning. I went back around 5:30 or so and was not able to relocate it. However, the flooded field is alive with many shorebirds. Both yellowlegs, solitary and least sandpiper and killdeer. I didn’t locate the reported white-rumped sandpipers and semi-palmated plovers (be aware of killdeer chicks that resemble the aforementioned plovers)

Afterwards I traveled up and down Phillips road in SNHP. I found many ovenbirds, a singing blue-winged warbler, a lone female Canada warbler, an American Redstart, a Blackburnian and Chest-nut sided warbler. Great-crested flycatcher, Rose-breasted grosbeak and many wood thrush were also present.

David DiSiena

Posted by: <d2siena...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional