Date: 5/12/18 6:13 pm
From: Stuart Winquist via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] East Haddam - woodcocks
Late evening walk with the dog, almost dark, several peenting and flight displaying woodcocks. I couldn’t see them, but one would fly around the field twittering and then return nearly to our feet to peent and grunt and then do it all over again. In the big fields around the ponds, none in the back fields, Machimoodus State Park, East Haddam. They must think it is early April (it feels like it).

Stuart Winquist, East Hampton
Sent from my iPhone