Date: 5/12/18 5:34 pm
From: Alyssa Freeman via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] loud, paired notes (Indigo Bunting with a megaphone)
A few days ago, I heard in the Wetlands of James River Park a bird sing
three loud pairs of notes, similar to an Indigo Bunting. However, Buntings
typically sing at least 4 paired notes (sweet sweet, here here, where
where, fire fire), are higher pitched than this bird was, and softer in
volume. Plus, this bird was deep in the woods and I've always seen Indigo
Buntings out in the open. It was also quite loud - like an Indigo Bunting
with a megaphone. I saw it fly by me quickly but never got a good look at
it. I've read that Baltimore Orioles can also sing paired notes, though
I've never heard them sing more than one pair. Any idea what it may have
been?

Alyssa Freeman
Henrico Co.