Date: 5/12/18 3:10 pm
From: jake schas <yellowlegs...>
Subject: [COBOL] whiskey springs 5-12-18
Greetings, visited Whiskey Springs this morning. While getting ready exit the my rig, had a grouse of some type fly past going north. The buteo was high and could not relocate it through the trees and clouds. Other birds singing. I have not been in the area in the summer much, so I must learn the mountain bird calls. There were 6 or so singing birds that I could not see, just heard.

jake

12 species (+3 other taxa)

grouse sp. 1 a fly by. stopped near the springs and the grouse came by going north following the road.
Buteo sp. 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Empidonax sp. 1 heard it, never saw it.
Steller's Jay 5

Juncos 10

Common Raven 1
Mountain Chickadee 6
Red-breasted Nuthatch 5
Black-throated Gray Warbler 7 little flocks coming in to bath and leave
Chipping Sparrow 3 bathing with the others
Song Sparrow 2
Spotted Towhee 1
Western Tanager 1
Purple Finch 1

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon> Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>