Date: 5/12/18 2:58 pm
From: Mike <gardenbug99...>
Subject: [COBOL] ECAS Field Trip, Lower Bridge and Redmond Sewer Ponds
Thirteen birders enjoyed a pleasant morning birding Lower Bridge and the Redmond Sewer Ponds. A total of 25 folks signed up on Eventbrite, but between cancellations and no-shows ended up with thirteen.

Lower Bridge had a great supply of warblers, particularly Wilson’s, but seeing them was sorta problematic. Notably absent were any Flycatchers outside of the Western Kingbirds at the parking lot. New arrivals included Western Tanager, Bullocks Oriole and Black-headed Grosbeak. Swainson’s Hawks were cooperative giving us good looks both flying and perched.

At Redmond Sewer Ponds the birds of the day were two pairs of Red-necked Phalaropes to go with several Wilson Phalaropes. Duck numbers were down and the Blue-winged Teal from yesterday was gone. Redheads and the lone Canvasback were present. Killdeer, Spotted Sandpiper and the Phalaropes were the only shore birds in attendance.

Several life birds were seen.

I am pretty sure I may have missed a bird or two. If so, feel free to chime in.

Lower Bridge List.

Canada Goose
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Swainson's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Western Kingbird
Common Raven
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Violet-green Swallow
Bank Swallow
Barn Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Canyon Wren
House Wren
American Robin
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Chipping Sparrow
Brewer's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Western Tanager
Black-headed Grosbeak
Bullock's Oriole
Red-winged Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Brewer's Blackbird
Lesser Goldfinch
1 American Goldfinch

Redmond Sewer Ponds

Cinnamon Teal
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Mallard
Canvasback
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Ruddy Duck
Pied-billed Grebe
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Red-tailed Hawk
Killdeer
Wilson's Phalarope
Red-necked Phalarope
Spotted Sandpiper
Black-billed Magpie
Red-winged Blackbird
Brewer's Blackbird

Thanks to Sherrie Pierce with helping with the organization and Mary Ann Kruse for E birding our birds.

Mike Golden