Date: 5/12/18 2:13 pm
From: Larry Dau <lgdau9...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Multiple Summer Tanagers, Pine Siskins, and More
We came home from the cabin a few days back and finally I am getting my
birds back. My Oriole feeders are at over capacity with many Baltimore and
a few Orchard Orioles. I was also surprised to have a young male Summer
Tanager come in multiple times. A neighbor 1/2 mile away has a full adult
Summer Tanager. Another neighbor sent me a photo from a friend in Adel
and it was another adult male Summer Tanager. 2 for Boone Co, 1 for Dallas
Co.
I also have 5 Pine Siskins coming in after having none all winter.
Lincolns, White-crowned and White-throated Sparrows are present.

3 photos of Summer Tanager in my yard attached.

Larry Dau
Boone Co.