Date: 5/12/18 2:04 pm
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] Monte Vista Northern Waterthrush
Yesterday at the Wright-Schriver Wildlife Area (north of Home Lake in Monte
Vista), I observed a single Northern Waterthrush in the bog to the south
(Rio Grande County). There likely was a second bird there as well chipping
some calls at me.

I know some of you are seeing reports about birds at Blanca Wetlands. The
wetlands are closed at this time of year so please realize that when you
see some posts regarding that area. They re-open July 15th each year.

Overall, the density of birds in the San Luis Valley is low. We have not
had a fallout this year and suspect that many birds are bypassing this
area. Maybe things will get busier in the next 2 weeks.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO