Date: 5/12/18 1:29 pm
From: John Kent <k2ent76...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Hooded Warbler, Coeymans
It was quite birdy in the rain this afternoon at Louise E. Keir WMA in the Town of Coeymans. I saw a Hooded Warbler singing an alternate song. The cadence and pattern were quite different from their primary song, but the loud, ringing quality was recognizable. Other warblers were Black-and-White, Black-throated Green, Magnolia, Yellow-rumped, Blackburnian, Pine, Chestnut-sided, and Ovenbird. I saw three Swainson's Thrushes, and heard a Hermit Thrush. For the second time today, I saw a Barred Owl fly by. (The other one was on Orchard Street near Five Rivers at 5:26 AM). My list is at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45596451

John Kent
Selkirk

Join us on Facebook!