Date: 5/12/18 1:24 pm
From: Tyler M. Harms <tyharms...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Red Crossbills - Dickinson County
Hi Birders,

My family and I did a bit of birding around the Dickinson County Nature
Center this morning. Although we didn't experience quite the warbler
fallout others are expericing across the state, we were very surprised to
have a flock of 11 Red Crossbills fly over us. They were calling the
typical "kip kip kip" all the while flying, landing briefly in a tree top
for visual confirmation, and continuing to the south.

Take care,

Tyler Harms
Ames, Story Co.