Date: 5/12/18 7:56 am
From: ghebelian <ghebelian...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: [md-smas] night birding in St. Mary's
Yes, I watched the nightjars disappear at favorite haunts in Western Charles.
Good luck, All, on May Count.Hope not the thunderstorms Bob L and I had many a year!     Carol

-------- Original message --------From: "James Tyler Bell <jtylerbell...> [md-smas]" <md-smas-noreply...> Date: 5/12/18 6:24 AM (GMT-05:00) To: Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>, Yahoogroups <md-smas...> Subject: [md-smas] night birding in St. Mary's

Just back from doing some night birding for May Count in St. Mary's County. The wind did not help. Zero owls or rails but nightjars were cooperative. Whip-poor-will is getting hard to find but I managed to find a single bird calling along a power line cut just south of  Rt. 4 along Indian Bridge Road. Several Chuck-will's-widows there and at the next stop at the gate that blocks the road to the dam at St. Mary's Lake SP. More Chucks at the gate at St. Mary's Lake. If you need Whips for St. Mary's, better come while there are still any left :(

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland

__._,_.___

Posted by: James Tyler Bell <jtylerbell...>

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic