Date: 5/12/18 7:10 am
From: Harvey Hiebert <hchiebert1...>
Subject: Bewick's wren
Here in North Newton we’ve had a Bewick’s wren for several days, and with a yard that is mainly plantings it may want to stay. But it has not sung, to our knowledge. Carolina wrens are at the back side of the property, which could be a decider. Given its normal range to the south, possibly it is extending it northward with climate warming, as is becoming normal.

House wrens are noticeably absent on our street.

Harv Hiebert
North Newton
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to