Date: 5/12/18 7:05 am
From: Leonard Bisson <lbisson...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Blue Mash Nature Trail - very birdy morning
My wife Lisa and I had a great morning at Blue Mash! Lots of migrants and nesters present. I still haven't gotten a FOS Yellow Warbler yet. I thought for sure we would hear one there today. We heard and actually got to see the Chat (thanks David for the spot and scope view!).

Cheers,
Len Bisson
Derwood, MD

Blue Mash Nature Trail, Montgomery, Maryland, US
May 12, 2018 7:30 AM - 9:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
45 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 8
Wood Duck 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Killdeer 1
Mourning Dove 3
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1
Empidonax sp. 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 1
American Crow 2
Tree Swallow 10
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 5
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Eastern Bluebird 8
Wood Thrush 2
American Robin 5
Gray Catbird 3
Northern Mockingbird 2
Cedar Waxwing 1
Ovenbird 2
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Common Yellowthroat 20
American Redstart 1
Magnolia Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Palm Warbler 1
Prairie Warbler 2
Field Sparrow 10
White-throated Sparrow 3
Song Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 4
Yellow-breasted Chat 1 It is hanging out near the gravel road as you walk towards the landfill. Right side of road a little past where the path to the pond splits off.
Northern Cardinal 4
Indigo Bunting 8
Orchard Oriole 4
Red-winged Blackbird 2
American Goldfinch 10

The Empid had a bold eye ring, so may have been the Least reported earlier but it didn't vocalize at all, so not sure.