Date: 5/12/18 6:51 am
From: Craig Holt <0000007fe6ec5d00-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Pymatuning, Crawford Co. 5/11
I visited Pymatuning yesterday morning and had some good birds.  I birded the causeway, Miller's Ponds, the spillway, and the fish hatchery.  Highlights were: n. shoveler (late), a hen canvasback (late), horned grebe (late), a large gathering of 300 double-crested cormorants, and a conservative estimate of 55 cliff swallows.  These sightings were all flagged by ebird.  Other birds encountered included: lesser scaup, hooded merganser, 10 ruddy ducks, osprey, 2 bald eagles, spotted sandpiper, lesser yellowlegs, Bonaparte's gull, 2 Caspian terns, pileated woodpecker, horned lark, 30 purple martins, bobolinks, and e. meadowlarks.  Craig Holt, Lowellville, Ohio

Join us on Facebook!