Date: 5/11/18 10:28 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Snowy egret, Techny Basin, no longer being seen (cook co.)
A snowy egret took advantage of the free fish for a short time earlier this week at Techny Basin.  I would think this was the same bird that was seen recently at NU and Busse Woods.  It did not stay long as a loud unexpected noise spooked it away after it had already relocated when some non-birding/non-photographing people went off trail making it uncomfortable.  It did not return as far as I know.
This is a tiny bird! (well as far as egrets go) and an IL endangered species.  Maybe it will return but the unfortunate timing of the noise and humans doesn't bode well for future visits to that area.

We are still waiting for the local giant white egrets, where are they?
Suzanne Colemancook co.

Join us on Facebook!