Date: 5/11/18 10:19 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Trying again... cook co. 5/10
Sorry I had trouble with my phone sending my notes before I was ready the other day!  It was a beautiful afternoon filled with bird song, and at times, sun.  The birds were back (finally)!  And so was the joy that they bring along with them.

I'm sure there were many I did not see or hear, but this is the list I had from the Des Plaines river area near Dam #4.  I was pretty excited to finally have learned the blue-winged warblers' song! :)  It was not surprising to later find one in a crab apple tree like they are at Montrose.

Cooper's Hawk  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  3
Downy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)  1
woodpecker sp.  2    prob red-bellied, one also drumming loudly a lot
Least Flycatcher  1    *FOY anywhere
Great Crested Flycatcher  1    *FOY seen anywhere (others ho)
Red-eyed Vireo  1    *FOY anywhere
Blue Jay  2
Black-capped Chickadee  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House Wren  4
Wood Thrush  3    new area; 3-4
American Robin  2    est
thrush sp.  1
Gray Catbird  7    tons!
Northern Waterthrush  1
Louisiana/Northern Waterthrush  1
Blue-winged Warbler  1    *FOY anywhere; possibly two but same area so being conservative
Black-and-white Warbler  1    or 2
Orange-crowned Warbler  1
Nashville Warbler  8
Common Yellowthroat  2
Northern Parula  1    *FOY anywhere
Magnolia Warbler  4
Blackburnian Warbler  1    *FOY anywhere
Yellow Warbler  2
Chestnut-sided Warbler  1    *FOY anywhere
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.)  5    or more
Song Sparrow  3
Eastern Towhee  0    not heard today
Northern Cardinal  2
Rose-breasted Grosbeak  1    *FOY anywhere
Indigo Bunting  2    *FOY anywhere seen (one heard before here I think)
Baltimore Oriole  1
Brown-headed Cowbird  1
American Goldfinch  4
Suzanne Colemancook co.