Date: 5/11/18 9:44 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] Hatfield Lake, Friday Evening
I headed out to Hatfield Lake this afternoon after work. At the time it was 56 degrees, cloudy with about a 10-15 mph wind out of the NE. (A bizarre direction, we rarely get winds out of the NE). It was a "Swallow Day" with close to 2000 birds of 4 species (no Rough-wings or Violet-greens -- again, bizarre as yesterday afternoon along the Deschutes I saw over 100 Violet-greens and no Trees). Shorebirds were present, but not abundant. There were good numbers of Spotteds and Wilson's Phalaropes with a few Leasts thrown in. Here's the complete list:

Canada Goose (moffitti/maxima) 40
Tundra Swan 2 Continuing birds. Have been here over a month.
Cinnamon Teal 10
Northern Shoveler 18
Gadwall 6
Mallard (Northern) 20