Date: 5/11/18 7:52 pm
From: Steve Johnson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Two Peregrines in Herndon (Fairfax County)

Hello Birders,

I rarely see a single Peregrine Falcon, but today, seeing a pair of them kettling together really blew my mind. Is this late for migrating Peregrines, or right on time?

I was driving on Towerview Road in Herndon, just E of Route 28. Sorry for the late report, but it probably wouldn't have helped anyone in real-time. It appeared they were just kettling to get up and then (probably) take off somewhere.

No vehicles or pedestrians were injured when I slammed my brakes down and swerved the truck off onto the shoulder.

Steve Johnson

Fairfax, Virginia