Date: 5/11/18 7:27 pm
From: 'Ron Logan' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] Digest for - 13 updates in 11 topics
This is the bird email I get daily. Not sure how to subscribe but maybe you can write to them.
See Bob’s article “North Maine Woods Again” below and then click on the link for Bob’s video.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, May 11, 2018, 4:34 PM, <maine-birds...> wrote:

| <maine-birds...> | Google Groups | |

Topic digest
View all topics
- good morning at Kennebunk Plains - 1 Update
- Orchard Oriole - 2 Updates
- Biddeford Pool 5/11 - 1 Update
- Baltimore Orioles in N. Whitefield - 2 Updates
- Bradbury Mountain State Park (10 May 2018) 8 Raptors - 1 Update
- North Maine Woods...again - 1 Update
- Ruby-throated hummer at Roque Bluffs - 1 Update
- Saturday May 12th, Sanford Lagoons open 7 AM to 11 AM - 1 Update
- MAINEBIRDS-WINDHAM MALE INDIGO BUNTING - 1 Update
- Purple Finch pair. - 1 Update
- Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Brunswick - 1 Update
good morning at Kennebunk Plains
| Paul Wells <pfwells51...>: May 11 02:25PM -0400

Sally and I enjoyed a nice 2.5 hour stroll around the southerly portion of
the Maguire Road section of the Kennebunk Plains this morning. A couple of
the gullies out in the hinterlands are good "warbitat." Numerous
Chestnut-sided (FOYs) and Prairie warblers were the highlights. Lots of
Towhees, too. Full report at eBird:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45555202

pfw
Paul F. Wells
West Kennebunk, ME
USA

"That’s the good thing about science: It’s true whether or not you believe
in it."
--Neil deGrasse Tyson

Back to top Orchard Oriole
| e <pegfamhist...>: May 11 06:02AM -0400

Orchard Oriole continues today. Also RB Grosbecks, Bal. Orioles , etc. Your welcome to visit just go to back door and ring bell.

Peggy Blair
65 Pleasant St.
Clinton
426-8986

| Dave Thompson <mainedave12...>: May 11 09:58AM -0700

Saw my foy in gorham this morning.

Back to top Biddeford Pool 5/11
| Monica Grabin <grabinmonica...>: May 11 07:48AM -0700

At South Point Sanctuary, lots of eye-level views of No. Parula, Black and
White, Magnolia, Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher, and Yellow Warbler.

Behind the Firehouse, I finally got a look at a Chestnut-Sided Warbler, and
2 gorgeous male Scarlet Tanagers. Also, BT Green, Magnolia, No. Parula,
Redstart, and lots of Black and Whites.

Along with a very cooperative Ovenbird at the Elphis Road pond, a fine
morning.

Back to top Baltimore Orioles in N. Whitefield
| Kit Pfeiffer <kit.pfeiffer.maine...>: May 11 04:10AM -0700

Two males and a female came into the yard at 6:30 this morning, glowing in
the early sunshine.

| Julia Hanauer-Milne <windyridgemaine...>: May 11 07:56AM -0400

I had one in Sidney yesterday morning at my oranges.

Julia

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 7:10 AM, Kit Pfeiffer <kit.pfeiffer.maine...>
wrote:

Back to top Bradbury Mountain State Park (10 May 2018) 8 Raptors
| Derek Lovitch <freeportwildbird...>: May 10 09:36PM -0400

Back to top North Maine Woods...again
| "Bob Duchesne" <duchesne...>: May 10 08:10PM -0400

It's scouting season. Having scouted for the birding festivals earlier this
week, I turned my attention to the tours I will be leading with Seth Benz
and Schoodic Institute later. (Not a solicitation. The tours are full.)
Two days in the North Maine Woods were highly entertaining. The spruce
grouse get downright goofy this time of year, and the woodpeckers are
drumming everywhere during the morning hours. In one patch of woods west of
Chamberlain Lake, my wife and I encountered three different breeding
territories of black-backed woodpeckers, all within easy walking distance of
each other. It's weird when black-backed woodpeckers are the most common
woodpeckers around. Finches are still going nuts up thataway.

For an entertaining recap, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PqtLWkpwE.

Bob Duchesne

Woodpecker Whisperer

Back to top Ruby-throated hummer at Roque Bluffs
| Carol Muth <suzmuth...>: May 10 07:37PM -0400

a male- he's been here every half hour or so between 4:00 and 7:30. There
was one at our neighbor's house yesterday.

Back to top Saturday May 12th, Sanford Lagoons open 7 AM to 11 AM
| "A. P. A. Aldrich" <aaldrich1955...>: May 10 07:21PM -0400

Hi All,

The Sanford Lagoons are open Saturday May 12th From 7 AM to 11 AM.

Enjoy.

Andy Aldrich
North Berwick

Back to top MAINEBIRDS-WINDHAM MALE INDIGO BUNTING
| Eric Eklund <fbtours...>: May 10 06:51PM -0400

Hi;
Happy to report seeing a male INDIGO BUNTING this morning enjoying the black oil seed with the Goldfinches.

Eric E
Highland Lake

Back to top Purple Finch pair.
| Barbara <herpartb...>: May 10 05:39PM -0400

Very excited to a pair, m and f, of Purple Finch at my one feeder this afternoon. I doubt they are nesting near here, but I'm still hoping the phoebe and titmouse will. Chippie and cardinal possible too...hopefully. Sorry, no new migrants here. Hope to go find some.
Barbara
Sanford

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Brunswick
| Karin <khopps...>: May 10 02:10PM -0700

A lovely female, eating cracked corn on the wooden railing of our deck this
afternoon.

Back to top
| You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to maine-birds+<unsubscribe...> |