Date: 5/11/18 6:32 pm
From: <treasurecreek...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Whitewood Report
Spring migrants are arriving slowly at our home 1.5 miles South of Whitewood including White-throated Sparrow 5/5, Black-headed Grosbeak 5/6, Yellow and Wilson’s Warblers and Lazuli Bunting 5/8, Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Western Tanager 5/9, Brown Thrasher 5/10, and Clay-colored Sparrow 5/11. There are 4 Western Tanagers that are spending most of the day around the feeder area eating from the suet block.

The Mallards and Common Mergansers are seen frequently either in the sky or bobbing down Whitewood Creek and we have lots of the resident birds. Also lots of Chipping Sparrows.

Vic/Donna Fondy
605-269-2553

Join us on Facebook!