Date: 5/11/18 5:41 pm
From: Theodore Gilliland <tgillila...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Possible Cerulean Warbler, Turners Falls, Sunday 5/06
Dear All,

On Sunday (5/06) I recorded what I believe may be a Cerulean Warbler
singing at Turners Falls Rod and Gun Club. The bird was heard only (and was
distant). I am open to others’ thoughts on the identification of the song,
and would enjoy people’s input. The song seems somewhat atypical to me. The
bird gave three-part and two part songs. When giving the three-part song,
the first set of notes seemed too clear—I’m used to these first notes
having a burry or buzzy quality to them. However, this may be due to the
bird being at a considerable distance. Otherwise it sounds good for
Cerulean to my ears. Apologies for the late post. Grading final exams got
in the way of downloading and processing my audio.

Here is a link to a folder with the WAV audio files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kciop8o1gm40kgi/AAAO_ZSXHhDsiHflZUVCzTIna?dl=0

Best Regards,

Ted Gilliland

P.S. Note that some of the dead space between songs has been cut from the
audio to reduce the file size.

--
Ted Gilliland
Assistant Professor