Date: 5/11/18 5:34 pm
From: Jim Durbin <bugmugger187...>
Subject: [ia-bird] yard today
Along with the other comments on warblers, Joyce and I had one of our best
days with birds in the yard today. While we had a steady mix of birds
throughout the day, at 5PM we had about 50 warblers descend on the water
features. There was 10 warblers at a time taking baths and drinking with
others swarming around the yard. We ended with 17 species for the day with
the best being Goldenwing, Bay-breasted, Cape May, Blackpoll and
Blackburnian. Many times during the day we had 6-7 Nashville and Tennessee
Warblers in the water together. During the 5 pm spurt there was 5-6 species
in the water at one time Also had a Blue-headed Vireo, Veery, Swainson's
and Gray-cheeked Thrushes. All total was 42 species. Some days it does not
get any better when the gods are looking down on you.
Hope it is almost this good for a couple weeks.

Jim Durbin
1460 Douglas Court
Marion Ia 52302
319-721-1593