Date: 5/11/18 5:01 pm
From: Candace H <candace69001...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Mt Sterling, Van Buren County - Bell's Vireo & Caspian Terns, etc.
Best birds at Mt. Sterling tonight included:

A singing Bell's Vireo in the small trees along Maple Drive. The first time
I've seen or heard them here. Got great looks at this bird; it was also
very vocal.

2 Caspian Terns - have seen this species here nearly every year. Beautiful
birds; watched one stretch it's wings and preen via my scope.

2 Ring-necked Pheasants; one flew in, so I saw and heard it. The other one
was heard west of Maple.

Nesting Trumpeters also seen.

On Jersey Ave, going north towards hwy 2 there were numerous Bobolinks
singing and flying around. Lots of vocal Dickcissels and Eastern
Meadowlarks to.

Candace Havely
Waterloo
Black Hawk County