Date: 5/11/18 3:41 pm
From: Miriam Simmons <simmonsmiriamj...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Towhee pair (male with spots) at Ponemah Bog - Amherst
We enjoyed a mid-afternoon walk around Ponemah Bog in Amherst NH;

Found a pair of Eastern Towhese, at the far end of the bog on the spur to
the last overlook. They were in the thicket, on the ground working through
the leaf matter.
*The male had extra spotting on his back*, probably an Eastern Towhee
just with extra spots? My photos are not great as I was shooting through
the thicket at ground level, but you can see the spots on his back, as well
as one head shot of a red eye. The female is the last photo, and is only a
partial view through the thicket.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151291218@N03/42046317631/in/dateposted-public/

- several Tree Swallows; 1 pair in the next box, bringing food.
- a pair of Eastern Kingbirds
- Red Winged blackbirds (heard, not seen)

Miriam Simmons

Northfield, NH